There’s that initial rally to stock your kitchen with healthy foods, control your portions and get with an exercise program. But over the long haul, many people struggle with the day-to-day challenge of managing their blood sugars.
Because diabetes can result in other medical complications, there are routine exams and tests that will help us detect and treat any emerging conditions early. (Click here for more information)
While there can understandably be setbacks, we are here to help you with those lifestyle changes that are so important, offer nutritional consultation, and advise and treat you should any medical complications arise.
You are not alone on this journey. We are your partners in health!
Primary Care Partners – Diabetes Educators
• Vanessa Carter, RD, CDE (970)-255-1576
• Lora Page, FNP, CDE (970)-245-1220
• American Diabetes Association (Denver) (720)-855-1102
• Colorado Diabetes Prevention and Control Program (303)-692-2577
• Diabetes Counts Network www.diabetescounts.net
• Barbara Davis Center, (303)-724-2323, barbaradaviscenter.org
• The American Diabetes Association Guide to Healthy Restaurant Eating
By Hope S. Warshaw
• Diabetes Education: Healthy Eating, Being Active, Monitoring, Taking Medication, Problem Solving, Reducing Risks, and Healthy Coping
• Medical Nutrition Therapy: Individualized nutrition education
• A1C: Shows average blood glucose over a 3-month period
• Blood Lipid Profile: High blood glucose levels can lead to high levels of “bad” cholesterol and triglycerides
• Dilated Eye Exam: Doctor will check for blood vessel damage caused by high blood glucose levels
• Dental Exam: Checks for gum disease and tooth decay
• Comprehensive Foot Exam: Comprehensive foot exam: This test will check how well your blood flows and if you have any nerve damage caused by diabetes.
• Microalbumin Test: Checks kidney function by checking for proteins in urine
• Flu Shot: Prevents serious illness
• Blood Lipids Profile
• Dilated Eye Exam
• Comprehensive Foot Exam
• Flu Shot
• Diabetes Self-Management Education and Medical Nutrition Therapy
Every 3-6 Months
• A1C Blood Test
• Dental Exam
• Blood Pressure