How Remote Patient Monitoring works:
- Patients receive a smart blood pressure device, glucose monitor, or weight scale in the mail at no cost when covered by Medicare.
- Patients take a few readings each week.
- The device will send these readings to the doctor and is monitored weekly.
- If a reading needs attention, patients will receive a call from a health care professional in their doctor’s office.
- The patient will then answer questions to help the doctor understand if there is a health issue present.
- Each month the patient will get a call from a health care professional in the doctor’s office to teach them about care plans.
- On-site medical team to assist with questions and education.
- Low cost or covered depending on your insurance plan
- Take vitals from home
- Seamless communication with your doctor & care team.
- Improves chronic condition(s) and long-term health outcomes.
- Blood Pressure Device, Glucose Monitor, or Weight Scale
- Remote patient monitoring is a way of gathering diagnostic and other health data from patients in one location and safely transferring the data to health care providers in another location for review and recommendations.
- When compared to routine treatment, reduces patient hospital readmissions by 50%.
- Monitoring devices can collect a wide range of health data from the point of care, such as vital signs, weight, blood pressure, and blood sugar.
Remote Blood Pressure Monitoring
Home blood pressure monitoring is a preventative wellness service that assists you with maintaining healthy blood pressure levels. This service will assist you with managing your cardiovascular health. Patients participating in this program measure their blood pressure at home using a portable blood pressure cuff on a routine basis. These blood pressure levels are sent from the cuff to a medical assistant, who keeps track of them and watches for changes. These readings are available to your provider, who will then offer you personalized care.
Remote Blood Glucose Monitoring
Home blood glucose monitoring is a preventative health service that helps patients keep their blood glucose levels in check. Patients in this program measure their blood glucose on a regular basis at home using a portable blood glucose monitor.
Providers can remotely track glucose levels and get diagnostic accuracy at a glance, allowing them to make sound decisions based on comprehensive and continuous glucose level reports from their patients.
Remote Weight Monitoring
Patients with chronic diseases such as Congestive Heart Failure (CHF), Liver Cirrhosis, and other obesity-related problems can benefit from using a remote weight control system. Any fluctuations in weight may have a significant impact on a patient’s health.
These remote weight monitoring devices allow the patient to stand on the scale to display the weight and automatically transmit this data to the patient’s health care provider.
How to get started
If you are ready to enroll in the program, you can do so over the phone or during your next appointment with your provider.
Call your health care office and tell them you are interested in getting started with remote patient monitoring. When you call to participate, a dedicated person from our program partner MediCorHealth will assist you and answer any questions you might have.