A diabetes diagnosis can be discouraging.
There’s that initial rally to stock your kitchen with healthy foods, control your portions and get with an exercise program. But over the long haul, many people struggle with the day-to-day challenge of managing their blood sugars.
Because diabetes can result in other medical complications, there are routine exams and tests that will help us detect and treat any emerging conditions early. (Click here for more information)
While there can understandably be setbacks, we are here to help you with those lifestyle changes that are so important, offer nutritional consultation, and advise and treat you should any medical complications arise.
You are not alone on this journey. We are your partners in health!
Primary Care Partners – Diabetes Educators
- Vanessa Carter, RD, CDE (970)-255-1576
- Lora Page, FNP, CDE (970)-245-1220
- American Diabetes Association (Denver) (720)-855-1102
- Colorado Diabetes Prevention and Control Program (303)-692-2577
- Diabetes Counts Network www.diabetescounts.net
- Barbara Davis Center, (303)-724-2323, barbaradaviscenter.org
- Mesa County Diabetes Prevention Program
- The American Diabetes Association Guide to Healthy Restaurant Eating
By Hope S. Warshaw