Family Physicians of Western Colorado has a full-time Phone Triage position available. This person is the advocate between the provider and patient.
Completed applications must be received by 5 p.m. on Thursday, June 27, 2019. Cover letters and resumes are not accepted.
The duties include but not limited to:
- Assure positive communications among fellow nurses, physicians, patients and families.
- Work independently utilizing critical nursing skills
- Responds to all emergent phone calls and EMT messages to assess and give directives Management of Triage Task Box
- Reporting of diagnostic testing, referrals, ordering & scheduling of tests
- Home health, Hospice referral, and Nursing Home placements and the coordination of care
- Refilling and monitoring the use of medications and pain management, implementing the chronic Opioid protocol and the calculations of the MEDD
- Coordinating patient care with the outside facilities
- IV therapy if certified
- Case Management of the following protocols and implementing the action plan and prescribing of medications; UTI’s, Strep, Vaginal Candidiasis, COPD, CHF, Asthma, and Coumadin, chronic opioids and pain management
- Supporting floor staff when needed (blood draws, catheters, injections)