Primary Care Partners strongly encourages everyone to get the COVID vaccine. All individuals, ages 5 and up, are eligible and can easily receive a COVID-19 vaccine during their routine appointments with their primary care physician, or schedule an appointment at the Mesa County Health Department, The MCPH Community Vaccination Site operates Wednesday through Friday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. appointments can be scheduled online here.
CDC recommends everyone ages 5 and older get a COVID-19 vaccine to help protect against COVID-19. Widespread vaccination for COVID-19 is a critical tool to best protect everyone, especially those at highest risk, from severe illness and death. People who are fully vaccinated can safely resume many activities that they did prior to the pandemic.
COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shots for Eligible Recipients
- All individuals 18 years and older are eligible for the booster vaccine.
- People 65 years and older, 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions, or 18 years and older who live in long-term care settings should receive a booster shot.
- People 18 years and older should receive a booster shot at least 2 months after receiving their Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine.
Choosing Your COVID-19 Booster Shot:
You may choose which COVID-19 vaccine you receive as a booster shot. Some people may have a preference for the vaccine type that they originally received, and others may prefer to get a different booster. CDC’s recommendations now allow for this type of mix and match dosing for booster shots.
IF YOU RECEIVED Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine
- Older adults age 65 years and older
- Long-term care setting residents ages 18 years and older
- People with underlying medical conditions ages 50–64 years
- People with underlying medical conditions ages 18–49 years
- People who work or live in high-risk settings ages 18–64 years
- Examples of workers who may get COVID-19 booster shots:
- First responders (e.g., healthcare workers, firefighters, police, congregate care staff)
- Education staff (e.g., teachers, support staff, daycare workers)
- Food and agriculture workers
- Manufacturing workers
- Corrections workers
- S. Postal Service workers
- Public transit workers
- Grocery store workers
- List could be updated in the future.
IF YOU RECEIVED: J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine
People ages 18 years and older who received a J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine at least 2 months ago should get a booster shot. The J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine has lower vaccine effectiveness over time compared to mRNA COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna).
For more information on receiving a booster shot, click here.
Connect with your doctor
Our dedication to caring for you during this Public Health Emergency has not changed. Our providers offer both in-person and TeleHealth appointments to ensure you receive the same level of care you expect while ensuring you feel safe and comfortable.
Your care coordinators
Primary Care Partners has Care Coordinators to assist you in the many facets of your healthcare. They can help with transportation, food, housing, end of life planning, mental health resources, and much more.
- Wear a mask.
- Keep at least six feet from people not in your household
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or use hand sanitizer
- Stay home if possible, and try to avoid travel
We are here to help
Remember, Primary Care Partners is here to help. We are your partners in health. Never hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns.
Please see the list of our additional services below.
Primary Care, Pediatric Care, and Sports Medicine Services:
Family Physicians of Western Colorado (970) 245-1220
Red Canyon Family Medicine (970) 256-5285
Tabeguache Family & Sports Medicine (970) 256-5201
Western Colorado Pediatric Associates (970) 243-5437
Western Colorado Physicians Group (970) 241-6011
After Hours, Nutrition, Medical Testing, Physical Therapy, and OB Services:
Grand Junction Diagnostics & Mammography (970) 241-6014; Open Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM
DOCS On Call – After Hours Clinic (970) 255-1576; Open Monday – Friday, 3:00 PM – 10:00 PM; Saturday, 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM; Sunday, 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Medical Nutrition and Diabetes Education (970) 255-1576; Open Monday – Friday, 8: AM to 5:00 PM
The Physical Therapy Specialty Center (970) 241-5856; Open Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Western Colorado Pediatric Associates -Weekend & After Hours Pediatric Appointments (970) 243-5437; Open Saturday, 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Family Centered OB (970) 241-6011 and (970) 245-1220